Last night, I made a delicious lentil soup. I love having my frozen chicken broth on hand during those times when I don’t have anything else in the fridge. Thankfully, I had the main ingredients and just threw in some spices. This recipe was perfect for a quick dinner. Maybe 5-10 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook, then however long you want to spend enjoying. Yum!
Lentil Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cup lentils (any color)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 10…because garlic)
- 5 cups water/broth (I used half water and half chicken broth)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp salt
- Optional: spoonful of yogurt or sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat, and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add lentils to the pot and stir for a minute. Mix in seasonings and liquid.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 30 minutes until the lentils are cooked through. Add more liquid if needed.
- Top with yogurt or sour cream, and serve with some garlic toast.
- Coconut Oil
- Garlic powder
- Toast bread. Spread with coconut oil. Season with salt and garlic powder.
What is your favorite soup recipe? Let me know in the comments below!